Singapore is home to a fascinating assortment of recreational attractions that are also eco-responsible. Among such attractions, Night Safari Singapore is one of the popular attractions in Singapore that stands out as a unique wildlife attraction to experience within the city. It guarantees a fantastic nocturnal wildlife adventure for you and your family. It combines the magnificence of nature and wildlife within a global city offering a spectacular wildlife expedition after sunset. Here’s a short guide on everything you need to know about Night Safari Singapore.
Some facts about Night Safari Singapore
Boasted as the world’s first nocturnal zoo, Night Safari Singapore opened its door for the public on 26 May 1994 and since then it has been on popular demand by visitors and locals alike. This multi-award winning wildlife attraction in Singapore mainly aims at providing entertainment to visitors and protecting endangers wildlife species. Spanning over 35 hectares, Night Safari Singapore is nestled in a secondary rainforest and is home to over 2500 animals of 130 species, some of them which are rare and under threat of extinction. Watch amazed as Malayan tigers, red dholes, Asian elephants, Malayan tapirs and Asian lions pace around freely in an open habitat. This attraction lets visitors experience the nocturnal behavior of animals; hence it is operational after dusk. The Night Safari Singapore has achieved the Best Attraction award by Singapore Tourism Board 13 times! This little detail should be enough for you to shake off all doubts about how good this attraction is.
Location and how to go to Night Safari Singapore
This night time attraction is located right next to Singapore Zoo at Mandai Lake. It takes about 30 minutes to reach Night Safari Singapore from the city center.
– If you are opting for Public Transport, take the Mass Transit Rail (MTR) and get down at Khatib Station, Woodlands Mart Station, Marsling Station, Choa Chu Kang Station or Ang Mo Kio Station. From any of these stations, take a connecting public bus to Night Safari Singapore which takes about 30 to 45 minutes to reach there.
– If you are opting for Shuttle service, you need to get to Khatib MRT Station from where you can avail a service shuttle every 20 minutes from 8 am till 10.40 pm daily. The shuttle service will take you to Safari Coach Bay in 15 minutes.
– If you are opting for bus service, you can avail the services of Singapore Attractions Express or Safari Gate bus which provides direct service from most hotels in the city till Night Safari Singapore. The cost depends on the kind of service and duration of your rides and starts from SGD 6 per person.
– If you are opting for Car Rental or Taxi Service, take the route via Central Expressway or Pan Island Expressway. For car rentals, there are parking spaces available at a fee of SGD 10 parking coupon.
Things to do at Night Safari in Singapore
Night Safari Singapore Exhibits – Wildlife Safari Walking Trails and Trams
Gear up for an expedition to discover an impressive collection of exquisite and rare wildlife animals within the city limits. The whole night safari is made up of seven geographical sectors – Himalayan Foothills, Indian subcontinent, Equatorial Africa, Indo-Malayan Region, Asian Riverine Forest, Nepalese River Valley, and Burmese Hillside. It showcases a unique habitat recreated perfectly in all different zones that inhabit their respective wild animals contentedly. There are two ways to enjoy your nocturnal wildlife adventure – on walking tours or by tram rides.
Night Safari Singapore comprises of four walking trails namely East Lodge Trail, Leopard Trail, Wallaby Trail, and Fishing Cat Trail which offers you the opportunity to witness Sri Lankan leopards and Asian Lions on the prowl and have close encounters with wallabies, spotted hyenas and Malaysian flying fox to name a few. This is a thrilling way to experience the dimly lit jungle and its inhabitants in action after dusk.
Guided Tram Ride:
If walking in a dark jungle is not your thing, then step onboard a jungle tram that will take you through the astounding sights of wildlife on a safari tour. This is the most convenient way to enjoy Night Safari Singapore where a guide is available to keep you updated on information about the animals you spot and you can sit back and simply watch the animals in action.
Express Tram Ride:
Night Safari Singapore is very popular attraction among Singapore locals and visitors. Hence you can anticipate overcrowded spaces and long queues. With an additional SGD 10 over your admission ticket price, you can get a reserved seat on the tram and can avoid the hassles of waiting in long queues. The Express Tram has limited seats hence letting you enjoy the night wildlife safari without any crowd and at a relaxed ambiance.
Safari Adventurer Tour:
Enjoy the wildlife adventure with just 7 people onboard a buggy that journeys through the exhilarating Leopard Trail and also lets you stroll through two exciting walk-through exhibits. With a group of few people, the atmosphere gets more nerve-racking and exciting as you get the chance witnessing the nocturnal behavior of creatures in a hushed, semi-dark ambiance.
A spectacular night filled with Dining and Entertainment
For those who don’t enjoy Singapore’s nightlife and wonder what else is there to do in Singapore for a happening night experience, Night Safari Singapore is your answer. Of course, the main highlight of the attraction is the Wildlife Safaris, but the thrill doesn’t stop there. You can enjoy a night filled with scrumptious dining options and fantastic entertainments.
- Take a fabulous dining experience at Night Safari Singapore where you can delve into a delectable range of epicurean delights at Ulu Ulu Safari Restaurant, Safari Sizzles, and Zebra Café. You can also opt for an outdoor dinner with a fire show – Thumbuakar Fire Show at Jungle Rotisserie. The Thumbuakar Fire Show showcases a brilliant performance of tribal dances and flame-throwing skills.
- Another charming fine and dining experience that Night Safari Singapore hosts is a four-course gourmet dining experience in a tipi tent on the edge of the lake. You can also choose to have a fine dining experience on the award-winning Gourmet Safari Express which includes a candlelit dinner onboard the tram meandering along the jungle. This is a unique way to enjoy good food with good company amid thrilling jungle settings.
- One of the highlights popular among kids especially is the Creatures of Night Show where you can witness nocturnal animals reveal their unique skills, displaying amazing talents in performances guided by an expert trainer. Kids can also volunteer during the show which adds an extra element of excitement for them in the whole experience.
Singapore Night Safari Timings and Admission Price
Night Safari Singapore is open every day from 7.15 pm till midnight. Admission time slots are one hour apart – 7.15 pm, 8.15 pm, 9.15 pm, and 10.15 pm. Last entry is at 11.15 pm. The usual time for visitors to complete visiting the park is 3 to 4 hours.
Night Safari Singapore Ticket price
Adult: SGD 47 per person, Child from 3 to 12 years of age: SGD 31 per child. Admission ticket for child below 3 years of age is free of cost. Ticket counters can be found at Singapore Zoo’s main entrance and are open from 5.30 pm to 11.00 pm. Pre-booking your tickets online can save you time as well as money as would get additional discounts when you book tickets online.